Hello, I’m James
Among many other things, I am the author of Keys To Massive Breakthrough and God is Talking, Are You Listening? I am also a regular contributor for Näky magazine, a local Christian magazine in Helsinki, Finland. Originally from Indianapolis, Indiana, I moved to Finland in 2004 and married my Finnish wife. We now have three children. I visit USA frequently. Our whole family recently visited Indianapolis & French Lick, Indiana in the summer 2018. We also stopped in Lisbon Portugal and New York City along the way.
Below are some of highlights of my life. If you want to read more of my past, tragedies & triumphs – the good, bad, and the ugly – you are welcome to visit my other page jamerobor.com/mystory. There I give more details of the hardships I have had to overcome.
• In the summer of 1990, in a Pentecostal church, I became a born-again Christian at the age 15. Later that year I was filled with the Holy Spirit.
• After graduating High school, in the Fall of 1993, I attended Bible College and began preaching
• In 2001, I joined the Army as a chaplain’s assistant.
• In 2004 I met Heidi (my Finnish wife), while working as a chaplain’s assistant in California. She became a very important part of my restoration. Through her I first came to the revelation of the Father’s love, inner healing, the prophetic, & the supernatural.
• In December 2004 I moved to Finland, and we were married.
• In 2005 we registered a ministry which is still active today under the name of Kingdom Glory Ministries.
• From the summer of 2006 to the Fall of 2010 our 3 children were born.
• From 2011 to 2013, I lost 70lbs /32 kg.
• From 2013-2014 I took many life coaching courses through Light University, the world’s largest Christian life coaching school.
• In 2015 I completed my Bachelor’s degree with Liberty University Online, the world’s largest Christian University.
• In 2015 Keys To Massive Breakthrough was published. Keys To Massive Breakthrough was an Amazon best seller and has been translated to Finnish called “Avaimet Mahtavaan Läpimurtoon.”
• In 2018 God is Talking, Are You Listening? was published.
I also have a new blog category “my story” where I plan to periodically share a particular story or example from my life in greater detail..
What I Do ( a LOT of Things)
Son of God, Husband, & Father
Though I do many things, there is nothing I would rather do than tell people how awesome Jesus is! I consider myself first and foremost a son of God above anything and everything else. Besides this, the most important things I do is being a Husband and Father to my 3 children. They are the most important people in my life and it is my responsibility above anything else to love, support, guide, protect, and provide for them.
Modern Day Renaissance Man / Generalist / Polymath, etc.
Recently (the Fall 2018), I went through a major change in my understanding of who I am. I realized that I am in fact what you would call a modern day renaissance man / generalist / polymath, etc. What this means is I have a wide range of interests, skills, and experiences. Limiting myself to one topic or one type of work just doesn’t fit me well. I, like thousands – perhaps millions of people around the world, choose to approach life, ministry, & business with diversity and variety. I am able to help people in a variety of ways and like to speak, write, and teach on a wide range of topics.
When people ask me what I do, it’s not so easy to answer. The truth is, I could answer with any of the following:
*Son of God *Husband *Father * Minister *Preacher *Teacher
*Blogger *Vlogger *Podcaster *Course Creator *Coach *Entrepreneur
*CEO/Founder *Digital Marketer
Who You Are Is Not What You Do
My identity is not dependent on what I do but rather who I am in Christ. You see, if what we do changes and our identity is attached to what we do, then our identity can change every time our activities change. The result can be what is known as an “identity crisis.” A better approach to life is to center our identity around God who never changes, then we are always secure, whatever we are doing in that season of our lives.
Things I have spent a lot of time learning and practicing:
In my childhood...
• tying my shoes (that took some practice!)
• climbing trees
• jumping from roofs
• playing hide and seek
In my teen years (BEFORE I was born again)
• failing / skipping school
• chasing girls
• rap music (gangsta)
• getting drunk & high
In my teen years (AFTER I was born again and filled with the Holy Spirit at age 15)
• honor roll in school
• rap music (Christian)
• going to church
• falling in love with Jesus
• yearbook photographer (high school)
• chess club
As an adult…
• Theology (1 year full time Bible College, age 18/19)
• Bible (been reading for more than 35 years)
• Ministry (preaching since 1993)
• Pentecostal & charismatic concepts (Holy Spirit, prophecy, miracles, revival, supernatural life, etc.)
• Psychology (Bachelors, Liberty University, Magnum Cum Laude)
• Christian counseling (specialization with psych degree)
• Life coaching (training through Light University)
• Marriage & parenting (life experience)
• Health & wellness coaching (once lost 32kg / 70lbs)
• Pc repair (A+ certification 90’s)
• Entrepreneurship / business start up
• Writing (general)
• Web design
• Social Media
• Audio Editing
• Video Editing
• YouTube Channel
• Book publishing (author of 2 books)
• Marketing, sales funnel, and automations
• Basketball (avid NBA fan for nearly 30 years)
As you can see, I have a wide range of knowledge, experiences, passions, & skills. To me this is normal.
Niching is Overrated
I have a bit of a problem with people preaching that you have to choose just one occupation. Or that you have limit your blog to just one topic or that you should target one type of person. They say “the riches are in the niches” and if you want to succeed then you HAVE to niche. This is not true. There is a place in this world for people who do better with variation and flexibility. There is a place in this world for people who have multiple passions and interests – people who don’t want to be confined to one idea, topic, or industry.
Niching is not bad…in many cases it is needed….but it IS overrated.
You can find me on the following Social Media platforms. I am mostly spending most of time these days on Facebook and Instagram.
Resources, Products, & Services
Feel free to check out my page, START HERE. There you can find about my what resources I have made available including information about my books, courses, and events.
God bless and have an awesome day!