Below is summary of major events in my life. I hope that as you read what I have shared below, that you will see that the grace of God is amazing. I hope you find encouragement to know that whatever happens to you or whatever poor decisions you make, God can work it all together for the good.
I am still a work in progress. I am not where I want to be but thank God I am not where I used to be.
This is MY story…
• I was born December 1974 and Indianapolis Indiana. Almost five years later, my sister was born and there were four of us.
• Both my parents struggled with alcoholism and when I was 9 years old divorced.
• Our family was dysfunctional to say the least.
• When I was 9 years old we actually lived in a real ghetto. There were shootings quite often and I would get beat up by kids in the neighborhood.
• I lived in extreme poverty for most of my childhood and moved around a lot. In fact, by the time I was 15 I can count about 15 different places where we lived.
• I lived just a few blocks away from the headquarters of what was one of the largest gangs in the city of Indianapolis, the HellRaisers. This gang was in fact led by one of my cousins.
• In fact, much of my family has done drugs, been to prison, and has not completed High School. I’m one of the few people in my family who has graduated high school much less College.
• My grandmother was a very important influence in my life. She was a preacher, read to me the Bible, and took me to church with her often. Unfortunately, she died when I was 12 years old which had a negative impact on me.
After my grandmother died next few years, I started to go down the same path which most of my family had gone down. I began drinking, smoking marijuana, and skipping school.
• The loss of my grandmother was tragic indeed, and if it had not been for Jesus I don’t know where I would be today
• At the age of 15 one of my good friends made the decision to give his life to Jesus Christ. he then witnessed to me and told me about how Jesus and changed his life
• I had already been to church in my life so I knew that God can do great things for a person, but I had forgotten this.
• My friend invited me to a Pentecostal Church and there I gave my life to God once again. Some months later I was filled with the Holy Spirit, I was never the same again.
• My Life changed dramatically – I was no longer failing school but rather on the honor roll.
• At the age of 17 I began to feel the call to preach.
Young Adult Life
• After graduating high school, I made the decision to attend Bible College.
• It was there I began to preach and I ended up joining my assistant pastor to help with a church plant. There I received many opportunities to preach and serve the Lord in a greater capacity.
• I continued serving in the local church and worked the best jobs I could find.
• Eventually I met a young woman who already had two children. She was a new convert, and to say the least, it was going to be a complicated situation. But I was lonely and so was she.
• We fell in love and ended up getting married, despite some people’s advice. It was not the ideal situation to say the least.
• Although we had our good times like any other young married couple, nonetheless we both had huge emotional baggage from the past that had never been healed or dealt with.
• We tried our best to make it work, but we had a mountain to climb.
• Eventually I joined the Army and got a job as a chaplain’s assistant.
• We moved to California, and there our marriage got even worse.
• Eventually my ex-wife left me and I was heartbroken. My identity had been shaken.
Lost, Then Found
• After my ex-wife I began to lose hope. There were a few months when I walked away from the Lord and started drinking. Things got really bad and I almost went off a cliff one night, accidentally while driving. I knew that I couldn’t keep going the way I was.
• After some wake-up calls, I re-dedicated my life back to God and became very interested in revivals. I learned about the Brownsville and Toronto Revivals.
• I eventually met my wife Heidi in California where she was visiting her friend and working part-time as a nanny. Her friend had married an Army man. They so happened to be living in the same are I was.
• Heidi and date and fell in love. She was a light in my darkness. She introduced me to the Fathers Love message, as well as prophetic teaching, healing, and miracles.
• I went through much counseling and God really did something special in me that changed my life forever.
Life In Finland
• Eventually I moved to Finland and married Heidi.
• We have 3 beautiful children, Alina (2006), Thomas (2008), & Noah (2010). We wanted 3 children and God gave us what we wanted.
• We started a ministry in 2005 and God has done many amazing things since then. We organized many events, held lots of prayer meetings, preached in many churches, and even had a book written and then translated to Finnish.
Below are some of the highlights of what God has given us the grace to do in recent years:
• From 2013-2014 I took many life coaching courses through Light University, the world’s largest Christian Life Coach school.
• In 2015 I completed my Bachelor’s degree with Liberty University Online, the world’s largest Christian University.
• In 2015 Keys To Massive Breakthrough I published. Keys To Massive Breakthrough was an Amazon best seller and has been translated to Finnish called “Avaimet Mahtavaan Läpimurtoon.”
• In 2017 we organized the “Hearts On Fire Conference.”
• In 2018 God is Talking, Are You Listening? was published.
• Since 2015 I have been a regular contributor for a Christian magazine in Finland called Näky.
For a more detailed account of what God has done in our ministry, see kingdomgloryministries.com
Be sure to check out my new blog jamesrobor.com/mystoryblog. There I share about different events in my life in more depth and detail. It is ongoing blog & vlog. It is a a new project with more being added in the near future.